Wednesday, November 10, 2010

COD, Wings, and Beer

This has been a pretty uneventful yet fun couple of days. The new Call Of Duty: Black Ops came out yesterday and I found a beer here in town that got me pretty excited.

I have been playing Call of Duty since it first came out, and I do have to say this is probably the best so far. Granted, I haven't played it very much yet, but the graphics and the game play seem to be the best yet. There are some issues with the online play right now, but i am sure in no time there will be updates to fix all the issues. It was pretty crazy logging in around 10am yesterday morning as see a million other people playing online. I think back to the time when I got that first Nintendo system and playing Mario Bros. was the coolest thing ever. It is simply amazing the strides the video game industry has taken in 20 years. In looking into some first days sales, it looks like this game will top $310 million. That is roughly saying that five million people have purchased the game and registered to play online. I will provide a little more insightful review once I have had a change to play the campaign and experience all the maps online. If you are online and want to play, shoot me a friends invite. I play on the PS3 and my psn is: johnny_splash

I really didn't feel like cooking last night. I have been enjoying left overs the past couple of days from the meals cooked over the weekend. You can check those out here. So it turned into a Wing night. Called up Buffalo Wild Wings and placed a nice carry out order. I highly recommend the Caribbean Jerk and the Parmesan Garlic. On Tuesdays you can get bone-in wings for $0.45. Not to shabby if you ask me (though I do remember when it was only a Quarter). It took about 20 minutes for them to get the order ready so I ran over to the liquor store to grab a six pack. Gotta have beer when you eat wings, right? I kind of had my heart set on the Sun King Creame Ale, but I thought I would give the cooler a once over. To my surprise, I see some Schlafly's!

When I went to St. Louis over Halloween I toured their brewery, sampled a few of their brews, and was upset I didn't grab any to bring home with me. I had never seen it in Indy before so my mind was instantly made up to grab a six pack. There were three different brews to choose from, the Pale Ale, the Pilsner, and the Dry Hopped APA. Decided to go with the APA and I remember really liking that on the beer tour. I do have to say it was a nice surprise and complimented the wings to perfection. Next time you are out and about and happen to see something from Schlafly's I would highly recommend it! Haven't tasted anything bad from them yet!!

2 comments:

  1. nice! like seeing schlafly other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really shocked to see it. It may just become a go to beer if I see it around a lot

    ReplyDelete