Monday, November 8, 2010

Due Date






















I went and saw the movie Due Date this weekend. For those of you that don't know, it is the new Zach Galifinakis and Robert Downey Jr. movie. I had seen the previews a couple of times, and this seemed like my kind of movie. Going into it, its hard to not try to compare it to The Hangover. It does have the same Director, Todd Phillips, and Mr. Galifinakis was in that movies as well, but I went into it with an open mind.

The basic concept of the movie was two strangers sharing a rent a car from Atlanta to LA. Zach needs to get there to start a career in Hollywood and Downey Jr.'s wife is having a C-section and he can't miss it. The reason they have to make this trip in a vehicle is because of Zach's ability to pretty much screw up everything. He landed them both on a no-fly list, thus a placing them in a rent a car.

I don't want to ruin the movie for those who haven't seen it, so I will be vague. I really enjoyed the trip to The Waffle House, Juliette Lewis's house, The Grand Canyon, and finally the hospital. Jamie Fox and Danny McBride provided quite the laughs in there short lived scenes as well.

Galifinakis did not disappoint with his one liners, crazy looks, and phenomenal dramatic walk aways. I think that he was cast perfect for this movie as I could not see anyone playing the role of Ethan Tremblay (or Carter). I was a little skeptical about seeing Robert Downey Jr. in a comedy, but he for sure pulled it off. To be honest, I think he pulled off the biggest laugh in the movie while he was watching Juliette Lewis kids while she dealt with Zach.

Overall, I would recommend this movie to pretty much everyone. Is it a movie that I would spend another $12 to see in the theater? Probably not. Did it live up to The Hangover? Not really. It did provide a lot of laughs and I am glad that I went to see it. I would give this flick a solid B.

No comments:

Post a Comment